|Enter to win Scholarship | Take the Creativity Test | Join the Hunt Apple Contest|
THE JOIN THE HUNT APPLE CONTEST IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN CANADA ONLY (EXCEPT IN QUEBEC) AND SHALL ONLY BE CONSTRUED AND INTERPRETED ACCORDING TO THE LAWS OF THE PROVINCE OF BRITISH COLUMBIA AND THE LAWS OF CANADA APPLICABLE THEREIN. DO NOT ENTER THIS CONTEST IF YOU ARE NOT A RESIDENT OF CANADA OR IF YOU ARE A RESIDENT OF QUEBEC. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PARTICIPANTS MUST BE OVER 16 YEARS OF AGE ON DATE OF ENTRY. ENTRY IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE CONTEST RULES.
1. ELIGIBILITY. To be eligible for the Join the Hunt Apple Contest (“Contest”), an individual must: (i) be a legal resident of Canada (provided, however, residents of Quebec are not eligible) , and (ii) have reached the age of 16 by date of entry, and not be currently employed in a design position, or a current student of VCAD. Employees, representatives, agents, immediate family members of employees, representatives, agents and persons domiciled with employees, representatives, agents or immediate family members of employees, representatives or agents of Visual College of Art and Design (herein known as “VCAD”), or the parent company Eminata Group (collectively, “Sponsors”), and the Sponsors' respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising or promotional agencies, any sponsor and any entity involved in the production, implementation, administration or fulfillment of the Contest, or a member of the immediate family or household of any of the above are not eligible to participate in the Contest . In these Rules, "immediate family" means husband or wife, mother, father, brothers, sisters, sons and daughters. The Contest is void in Quebec and where prohibited by law.
2. HOW TO ENTER. The Contest begins at 9:00 AM Eastern Time ("ET") on August 01, 2014 and ends at 12:00 PM ET on August 3, 2015 (the "Entry Period"). No purchase is necessary to enter or win the Contest. To enter the Contest, an entrant (“Entrant”) must (i) invite a third party individual to take the Hunt for the Right Brain Creativity Test (“Test”) (found online at http://www.wherecreativitygoestoschool.com/vcad ) and/or (ii) invite a third party individual to enter the Hunt for the Right Brain Scholarship Contest (“Contest”) (the rules for which are located at www.wherecreativitygoestoschool.com/vcad ). Entrants must complete the information requested to invite a third party individual. The information request form is located at http://www.wherecreativitygoestoschool.com/vcad. One entry into the Contest will be made on Entrant’s behalf for each invitation Entrant sends to a third party individual to take the Test or to enter the Contest, regardless of whether the invitee actually takes the Test or enters the Contest. Each complete invitation is considered an “Entry.” Entries shall be deemed to be submitted by the holder of the e-mail account submitting the Entry. All Entries must be submitted no later than the end of the Entry Period. All Entries become the property of Sponsors and will not be returned. Entries will only be accepted online. No Entries will be accepted by any other means.
3. PRIZE. The prize consists of (1) Apple MacBook Pro (with Retina Display) AND a HP Photosmart All-In-One Printer (“Prize”). The approximate retail value of the Prize is $3,500 CDN. The prize must be accepted as awarded and cannot be transferred, substituted or redeemed for cash except at Sponsors’ sole discretion. Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater monetary value.
4. WINNER SELECTION: One winner will be selected on or about Aug 15, 2015, from all eligible Entries received during the Entry Period. The winner will be selected by a representative of VCAD at VCAD’s downtown Vancouver location at 500 - 626 West Pender St. Vancouver, BC, Canada. The selected Entrant will be contacted by VCAD on or about August 15, 2015 and will be required to answer correctly a skill testing question to be eligible to accept the Prize. THE SELECTED ENTRANT WILL BE NOTIFIED BY PHONE AND/OR E-MAIL AND MUST RESPOND TO SPONSORS WITHIN ONE WEEK OF NOTIFICATION. Upon notification, the selected Entrant must respond by telephone to the contact number provided in the notification. The selected Entrant will be required to answer correctly a skill testing question to be eligible to receive the Prize. If the selected Entrant does not comply with the Contest Rules, or fails to answer the skill testing question correctly, he/she will be disqualified and another Entrant will be selected. If, after three such attempts, Sponsors have not identified a winner, Sponsors reserve the right to award the Prize (or its cash equivalent) to a charity of their choice. Sponsors are not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of selected Entrant to receive notification or for Sponsors to receive selected Entrant responses. Entrants’ chance of winning depends upon number of eligible entries received.
RELEASE. Each selected Entrant , if more than one, or the parent or legal guardian of selected Entrants under the age of majority in the province in which such selected Entrant is resident, will be required to sign an agreement and release (i) confirming compliance with the Contest Rules and acceptance of the Prize as offered; (ii) releasing Sponsors and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, employees directors, officers, suppliers, agents, sponsors and administrators from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, cost or expense arising out of participation in the Contest or the acceptance, use or misuse of any prize, including without limitation, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light, or from any and all claims of third parties arising there from; and (iii) granting Sponsors the unrestricted rights to publish, without any further compensation, the name, picture, portrait, likeness and voice of the selected Entrant for advertising and promotional purposes. The agreement and release must be returned within 5 business days of the notification date indicated on the documents or the selected Entrant will be disqualified and the Prize forfeited.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS: All Entries become property of Sponsors upon receipt and will not be returned. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, incomplete, mechanically reproduced, mutilated, forged, falsified, altered or tampered with in any way.
7. INDEMNIFICATION BY PARTICIPANTS. By entering the Contest, each Entrant: (a) releases and holds harmless Sponsors and their respective directors, officers, employees, parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, sponsors and agents from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to persons, including death, or property damage, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, participation in the Contest, or participating in any prize-related activity; and (b) agrees to fully indemnify Sponsors and their respective directors, officers, employees, parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, sponsors and agents from any and all claims by third parties resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from Entrant’s participation or involvement in or with the Contest including, without limitation, acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, or participating in any prize-related activity.
8. CONDUCT: By entering the Contest, Entrants agree to be bound by these Contest Rules, which will be posted at the Contest Web site throughout the Contest. Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any Entrant it determines to be: (a) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or the Contest Web site; (b) violating the Contest Rules; (c) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, VCAD RESERVES THE RIGHT TO IMMEDIATELY TERMINATE THE USER'S ACCOUNT, IF ANY, AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Sponsors assume no responsibility or liability for lost, late, misdirected or incomplete Entries, notifications, responses, replies, or any agreement and release documents or for any computer, online, telephone, hardware, software or technical malfunctions that may occur (including but not limited to malfunctions that may affect the transmission or non-transmission of an Entry). Sponsors are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of Entries in the Contest. Sponsors assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Entries. Sponsors are not responsible for any problems, failures or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, e-mail, players, or browsers, on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, at any website, or on account of any combination of the foregoing. Sponsors are not responsible for any injury or damage to Entrant or to any computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in the Contest. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsors which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, Sponsors reserve the right, at their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest.
10. ONLINE ACCOUNT HOLDER INFORMATION: In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an online entry, the Entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address, submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Selected Entrant may be requested to provide Sponsors with proof that they are the authorized account holder of an e-mail address associated with the winning entry.
11. LAWS. These are the official Contest Rules. The Contest is subject to all federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. These Contest Rules are subject to change without notice in order to comply with any applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws or the policy of any other entity having jurisdiction over Sponsors.
12. WINNERS LIST. The name of the Winner will be posted on the http://www.wherecreativitygoestoschool.com/vcad web site on or after August 15, 2015.
13. ENTRY OF CONTEST AND CONSENT FOR USE
By entering this Contest, Entrant acknowledges that he/she understands the Contest criteria above and agrees to abide by them. Entrant represents that all the information Entrant supplies is true. Entrant hereby irrevocably gives his/her consent to Sponsors, and those it may authorize, to photograph, film, and/or videotape Entrant and/or Entrant’s artwork, and to quote and record statements made by Entrant and to use, reproduce, publicly display, distribute, sell, and/or create derivative works from my image, images of my artwork, and statements made by Entrant (with or without Entrant’s name) and to identify Entrant by name and/or with school and employment information, in all forms of media now known or later developed, including without limitation, on the internet, for any editorial, promotional, advertising, trade, commercial, or other purpose whatsoever, in perpetuity throughout the world. Entrant understands that Sponsors and those they may authorize shall not be responsible for unauthorized duplications/use by third party on the internet or otherwise. Entrant hereby releases Sponsors, those they have authorized, and their respective successors and assignees, from any and all claims and/or damages that may arise regarding the use, reproduction, display, distribution, and/or sale of Entrant’s image or images of Entrant’s artwork, or statements made by Entrant as consented to herein, including any claims of defamation, invasion of privacy or infringement of moral rights, rights of publicity, or copyright. By submitting Entrant’s entry, Entrant certifies that any work submitted is original and Entrant’s alone and that Entrant has the right to grant permissions herein granted. Entrant confirms that he/she has read and understood this form.
Who may use this Web Site?
This Web site is not intended or designed to attract users under the age of 13. We do not collect personally identifiable data from any person we know to be under the age of 13 and instruct users under 13 not to send us any information for collection.
In general, you can visit this Web site without telling us who you are or revealing any information about yourself. Our Web site tracking software collects the domain names but not the email addresses of visitors. Domain name information that we collect is not used to personally identify you but is used to measure the number of visits, average time spent on the site and the pages viewed. We use this information to measure the use of the site and improve the content delivered on the site.
When you make a request for further information from VCAD, you will be asked to provide certain contact information that will be collected and used for the purpose of responding to your request. The information collected from you may include your name, address, telephone number or email address.
When you make a request for further information and provide VCAD with your personal contact information, it will be collected and used for the purpose of responding to your specific requests. We do not share, sell or lease personal information about you except as set forth in this Web site.
How your information is used
We utilize “cookies” on this Web site. These are small files that we send to and store on your computer so that we may recognize it as a unique machine the next time you visit this Web site.
Unless you specify that you would prefer not to hear from us, we may also use the information you provide to this Web site to contact you. You may have these communications terminated if you give us notice. This likely will take 4-6 weeks from the time you give us notice.
Your choices regarding use of your personal information
You can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to take advantage of this Web site’s features.
You can add or update certain information that you send to us. When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us or if you wish to check your information, please e-mail us at: email@example.com
Access to your information
VCAD may also provide information or provide access to information to any of our affiliated businesses or to our business partners.
If VCAD is requested by law enforcement officials or judicial authorities to provide information on individuals, VCAD may, without your consent, provide such information. In matters involving claims of personal or public safety or in litigation where the data is pertinent, VCAD may use or disclose your personal information without your consent or court process.
Will your information be secure?
VCAD recognizes you may be concerned about the security of your personal information and we are committed to employing reasonable technology in order to protect the security of our Web site. Even with such technology, no Web site is 100% secure. We will take reasonable measures which we believe are appropriate to protect your information from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction, and, where possible, will ask that any third parties to whom we may transfer your information take comparable steps to protect that security.
If you use this site, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your access information and password and for restricting access to your computer and you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your password. We are the owner of data you supply to us.
Information-sharing disclosure request
In the event you wish notification of the sharing of information provided by you with third parties or if you wish to request that information provide by you not be shared with third parties, please contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org . We will respond to your request for a Notice of Information-Sharing Disclosure within thirty (30) days of receipt.
If you have questions concerning our privacy practices, contact us at: