THE CHANGE YOUR LIFE SCHOLARSHIP COMPETITION IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN CANADA (EXCEPT IN QUEBEC) ONLY AND SHALL ONLY BE CONSTRUED AND INTERPRETED ACCORDING TO LAWS OF THE PROVINCE OF BRITISH COLUMBIA AND THE LAWS OF CANADA APPLICABLE THEREIN. DO NOT ENTER THIS SCHOLARSHIP COMPETITION IF YOU ARE NOT A RESIDENT OF CANADA OR IF YOU ARE A RESIDENT OF QUEBEC. PARTICIPANTS MUST BE OVER 16 YEARS OF AGE ON DATE OF ENTRY. ENTRY IN THIS SCHOLARSHIP COMPETITION CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE SCHOLARSHIP COMPETITION RULES.
1. ELIGIBILITY. To be eligible for THE CHANGE YOUR LIFE Scholarship Competition ("Competition"), you must be a high school senior scheduled to graduate in 2015 or have already graduated from high school. The Competition is open to residents of Canada only; provided, however, residents of Quebec are not eligible to enter or win. Entrants also must fulfill all general admission and Competition guidelines. Employees, representatives, agents, immediate family members of employees, representatives, agents and persons domiciled with employees, representatives, agents or immediate family members of employees, representatives or agents of Big Clic Inc (herein known as the "Agency"), or the participating schools (collectively, "Sponsors"), and the Sponsors' respective corporate parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising or promotional agencies, any sponsor and any entity involved in the production, implementation, administration or fulfillment of the Competition, or a member of the immediate family or household of any of the above, are not eligible to participate in the Competition. In these Rules, "immediate family" means husband or wife, mother, father, brothers, sisters, sons and daughters. The Competition is void where prohibited by law.
3. GENERAL CONDITIONS: (a) THE SELECTED ENTRANT WILL BE NOTIFIED BY PHONE OR EMAIL AND MUST RESPOND WITHIN TEN DAYS OF NOTIFICATION. Upon notification, the selected Entrant must respond by telephone to the contact number provided in the notification and the selected Entrant"s response must be received by Sponsors within ten days of such notification. Upon notification of winning the scholarship award, the selected Entrant must apply to their chosen school and meet all standard admissions requirements and be accepted to the school to receive the scholarship award. If the selected Entrant does not comply with the Competition Rules, he/she will be disqualified and another Entrant will be selected. Sponsors are not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of selected Entrant to receive notification or for Sponsors to receive selected Entrant"s response. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, incomplete, forged, falsified, altered or tampered with in any way.
4. SCHOLARSHIP AWARD. One prize will be awarded by each participating school/sponsor in the Competition. The winner of each will receive the scholarship offered by the school to the program of their choice at their chosen school and to which they are accepted. The scholarship is non-transferable, and upon accepting the scholarship, the winner must begin his/her program in either the summer or fall semester immediately following the award of the scholarship. The scholarship recipient must maintain satisfactory academic progress. The scholarship will be suspended in the event student"s cumulative grade-point average falls below 3.0. Scholarship will be awarded only to an individual who has submitted an application for admissions. The Scholarship is forfeit in the event the student withdraws or is dismissed from the school which awarded it for any reason. Scholarships awarded by each participating school/sponsor may be used only at aforementioned school and only for the program of study applied for. The scholarship is not redeemable for cash and may not be used to finance optional programs sponsored by the participating schools/sponsors. The scholarship covers tuition only and may not be applied against fees, housing, living expenses, or program supplies or any other similar or associated costs, and may not be transferred between affiliate schools of the Sponsor. Scholarship money awarded will be prorated during the length of the student"s degree program. In the event education is terminated either by the student or the participating school/sponsor, the scholarship becomes null and void; any future quarter scholarship dollars not used will be revoked and will not be available upon re-entry. The winner should not plan to finance his/her education by anticipating a scholarship " he/she may want to apply for financial assistance either through the participating school/sponsor or federal and provincial governments and/ or financial institutions. Please call the admissions office for more information about these options. Additionally, many local and national service clubs, civic groups, and organizations, may also sponsor scholarships. Contact these organizations for details and application guidelines. Entrants" chances of winning depend upon number of eligible entries received and quality of essays submitted. The approximate value of each scholarship is listed on the scholarships page found here http://www.ourcareercolleges.com/scholarships/changeyourlife/viewallschools.aspx?view=scholarships. Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater monetary value.
5. JUDGING. Faculty members at the participating schools, under the direction of the Dean of Academic Affairs will serve as judges for the Competition. Judges will evaluate essays based on (i) the substance and relevancy of entrants" responses to the essay question and (ii) the quality of entrants" writing abilities, including writing style and proper grammar. Decisions of the judges will be final and there will be no right of appeal.
6. RELEASE. Each selected Entrant will be required to sign an agreement and release (i) confirming compliance with the Competition Rules and acceptance of the prize as offered; (ii) releasing Sponsors and the Agency and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, employees directors, officers, suppliers, agents, sponsors and administrators from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, cost or expense arising out of participation in the Competition or the acceptance, use or misuse of any prize, including without limitation, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light, or from any and all claims of third parties arising there from; and (iii) granting Sponsors the unrestricted rights, in their collective or individual discretion, to publish, without any further compensation, the name, picture, portrait, likeness, voice and ideas of the selected Entrant contained in the entry for advertising and promotional purposes. The agreement and release must be returned within ten business days of the notification date indicated on the documents or the selected Entrant will be disqualified and the award forfeited.
7. INDEMNIFICATION BY PARTICIPANTS. By entering the Competition, each Entrant: (a) releases and holds harmless Sponsors and the Agency and their respective directors, officers, employees, parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, sponsors and agents from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to persons, including death, or property damage, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, participation in the Competition, or participating in any prize-related activity; and (b) agrees to fully indemnify Sponsors and the Agency and their respective directors, officers, employees, parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, sponsors and agents from any and all claims by third parties resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from Entrant"s participation or involvement in or with the Competition including, without limitation, acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, or participating in any prize-related activity.
8. CONDUCT. By entering the Competition, Entrants agree to be bound by the Competition Rules, which will be posted at the Competition Web site (www.ourcareercolleges.com) throughout the Competition. Entrants further agree to be bound by the decisions of the judges, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsors and the Agency reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any Entrant it finds to be: (a) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Competition, the Competition Web site; (b) violating the Competition Rules; (c) violating the terms of service, conditions or use and/or general rules or guidelines, or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE COMPETITION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, VCAD RESERVES THE RIGHT TO IMMEDIATELY TERMINATE THE USER'S ACCOUNT, IF ANY, AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Sponsors and the Agency assume no responsibility or liability for lost, late, misdirected or incomplete Entries, notifications, responses, replies, or any agreement and release documents or for any computer, online, telephone, hardware, software or technical malfunctions that may occur (including but not limited to malfunctions that may affect the transmission or non-transmission of an Entry). Sponsors and the Agency are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Web site users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Competition or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of Entries in the Competition. Sponsors and the Agency assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Entries. Sponsors and the Agency are not responsible for any problems, failures or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, e-mail, players, or browsers, on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, at any website, or on account of any combination of the foregoing. Sponsors and the Agency are not responsible for any injury or damage to Entrant or to any computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in the Competition. If, for any reason, the Competition is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsors which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Competition, Sponsors and the Agency reserve the right, at their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition without notice.
10. WINNER"S LIST. The name of the Winner will be posted on the competition web site www.ourcareercolleges.com on or after August 15, 2015.
11. LAWS. These are the official Scholarship Contest Rules and they apply to all participating schools/sponsors. Each Scholarship is subject to all federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. These Scholarship Rules are subject to change without notice in order to comply with any applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws or the policy of any other entity having jurisdiction over Sponsors.
12. ENTRY OF SCHOLARSHIP AND CONSENT FOR USE
By entering this Scholarship Competition, Entrant acknowledges that he/she understands the Competition criteria above and agrees to abide by them. Entrant represents that all the information Entrant supplies is true and, in the case of the essay, original. Entrant hereby irrevocably gives his/her consent to Sponsors, and those it may authorize, to photograph, film, and/or videotape Entrant and/or Entrant"s artwork, and to quote and record statements made by Entrant and to use, reproduce, publicly display, distribute, sell, and/or create derivative works from my image, images of my artwork, and statements made by Entrant (with or without Entrant"s name) and to identify Entrant by name and/or with school and employment information, in all forms of media now known or later developed, including without limitation, on the internet, for any editorial, promotional, advertising, trade, commercial, or other purpose whatsoever, in perpetuity throughout the world. Entrant understands that Sponsors and those they may authorize shall not be responsible for unauthorized duplications/use by third party on the internet or otherwise. Entrant hereby releases Sponsors, those they have authorized, and their respective successors and assignees, from any and all claims and/or damages that may arise regarding the use, reproduction, display, distribution, and/or sale of Entrant"s image or images of Entrant"s artwork, or statements made by Entrant as consented to herein, including any claims of defamation, invasion of privacy or infringement of moral rights, rights of publicity, or copyright. By submitting Entrant"s entry, Entrant certifies that any work submitted is original and Entrant"s alone and that Entrant has the right to grant permissions herein granted. Entrant confirms that he/she has read and understood this form.